Individual False Eyelash Tutorial…
Another first for me and this time it’s a video tutorial. By request, I have filmed this guide which I hope will help some of you that find it difficult to apply individual false eyelashes. It can be tricky at first, mainly because it’s hard to see what you’re doing with only one eye half open…but with a bit of practice and perseverance you should be able to master it.
Here’s what you’ll need (sound like an episode of Art Attack!)…
- First apply black eyeliner as thin or thick as you like, this will hide the join between the false lashes and your own
- Next curl your lashes
- Then apply a light coat of mascara
- Now pick up an eyelash with tweezers and dip into lash glue
- Place right at the root of your natural lash line, start at the outer corner and work inwards
- As you move towards the inner corner, use shorter lashes
- Hide the adhesive with more eyeliner or black eyeshadow
- Carefully apply mascara to the tips of the false lashes
So here’s the video…my first attempt at making one, so it’s not perfect…but I hope you like it!
The best and only glue I use is Duo Lash Adhesive, you can buy this from MAC, Make Up Forever or Inglot for €10-12.50 in Ireland…sounds a but much for lash glue but it last forever as you only need a tiny blob. You’re probably thinking you get a free little bottle with some lashes but don’t waste your time trying to use this…it’s about as effective as Pritt Stick. Squeeze a bit out of the tube before you start prepping your eyes, this will give the glue some time to go tacky. Don’t worry about it looking white when you’re applying it…it dries clear.
I like to vary the length of lashes so they look more natural…a few longer ones at the outer corners gives a nice wispy look though.
Let me know if this video was helpful and suggestions for any other videos you’d like to see!