How to prevent lipstick from bleeding…
This post is by request and can be a big problem for a lot of people, especially since red lippie has come back with a bang and can be one of the hardest to wear.
Below are the steps to follow that should keep your lipstick from creeping outside the lines, all products are by MAC.
- First make sure that your lips are dry and start with a primer like Prep + Prime Lip, this will smooth and refine the lips and act as a base for the lipstick
- Next outline your lips with a concealer pencil such as Chromagraphic Pencil NW25, this will act as a barrier just outside your natural lip line to contain the colour
- Then line the lips with a long lasting pencil liner like Lip Pencil in Redd
- Now use a lip brush, so as not to apply too much product, with a matte lipstick such as Ruby Woo. If bleeding is a problem with you it is best to stick to a matte finish as they tend to be more dry and less likely to run than a more creamy texture would
- You should then blot with a tissue to remove excess and dab with translucent powder such as Blot Powder, Pressed in Medium
- Finish off with another light application of lipstick
Try these steps and let me know if it works for you. Obviously you can substitute any of the products but I think it is important you choose a matte finish lipstick if you want extra staying power, or you could try a long lasting product like MAC Pro Longwear Lipcolour instead of normal lipstick and just skip the top coat of gloss!